Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Sadie Sadie is offline

Default Merge data with 2 forms on one page

We have 2 forms, side-by-side in column format. At the top of each, are
merge fields. When I use the "Next" field, it goes to the next record on the
page, but then repeats the 2nd record on the next page. I've tried putting
"NEXT" about everywhere I can think. Can this be done? I either get two
records the same on a page or two different records on the same page with the
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Use a two cell table to make the 'columns' Put a next record field at the
top of the second cell only
or
Use columns and put the 'form' in only the first column. Set the document
type to Directory/Catalog and merge to a new document. Make sure that the
two columns line up.

See http://www.gmayor.com/mail_merge_lab...th_word_xp.htm

Sadie wrote:
We have 2 forms, side-by-side in column format. At the top of each,
are merge fields. When I use the "Next" field, it goes to the next
record on the page, but then repeats the 2nd record on the next page.
I've tried putting "NEXT" about everywhere I can think. Can this be
done? I either get two records the same on a page or two different
records on the same page with the next page repeating the second
record of the previous page.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Sadie Sadie is offline

Thanks so much. I used the second method and it worked great! I do have one
question, though. Why does it not show correctly in the "preview merge" when
I use the Wizard, but it works great when I merge to a new document? Just
wondering, for future reference.

Sadie wrote:
We have 2 forms, side-by-side in column format. At the top of each,
are merge fields. When I use the "Next" field, it goes to the next
record on the page, but then repeats the 2nd record on the next page.
I've tried putting "NEXT" about everywhere I can think. Can this be
done? I either get two records the same on a page or two different
records on the same page with the next page repeating the second
record of the previous page.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Preview the merge does work but maybe does not produce what you think it is
supposed to produce - as it only shows one record at a time. For the
complete view you must merge to a new document.

Sadie wrote:
We have 2 forms, side-by-side in column format. At the top of each,
are merge fields. When I use the "Next" field, it goes to the next
record on the page, but then repeats the 2nd record on the next
page. I've tried putting "NEXT" about everywhere I can think. Can
this be done? I either get two records the same on a page or two
different records on the same page with the next page repeating the
second record of the previous page.

Mailmerge: can you merge more than one data table line on a page? MikeC Mailmerge 7 October 20th 06 09:55 PM
Mail merge merges only the first page of data rather than all KB Mailmerge 8 October 7th 06 08:38 AM
merge related records onto a page w/new page at defined data Pamrus Mailmerge 1 April 1st 06 07:01 AM
Merge Data Forms rio7 Mailmerge 1 January 17th 06 05:04 AM
print field data only for forms option prints a blank page Ken Microsoft Word Help 6 October 6th 05 10:05 PM