Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Leon Leon is offline

Default Numbered Lists

I am familiar with numbered & bulleted lists and use these features
frequently. I do not however know how to set up a numbered list where the sub
number appears on the same line as the first number. For instance I have a
list of statements numbered 1 - 30. Each number has 2 statements attached to
it which are labelled (a) and (b). I want the document to reflect 1 (a) on
the first line/s and (b) on the next followed by 2 (a) etc. Any suggestions?
Leon
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Set up an outline-numbered list where level 1 has 1, 2, 3, ... and level 2
has (a), (b), (c), ... numbering. For the paragraphs where you want level 1
to be immediately followed by level 2, insert a LISTNUM field: In the Field
dialog box, locate LISTNUM. Do not choose a "List name" but specify the
desired level for the list. Click OK when you are done.

To change the level of a LISTNUM field, you can right-click it and choose
Increase Indent / Decrease Indent from the context menu.

Note that you can use copy and paste to duplicate an existing field.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Leon" wrote in message
news
I am familiar with numbered & bulleted lists and use these features
frequently. I do not however know how to set up a numbered list where the
sub
number appears on the same line as the first number. For instance I have a
list of statements numbered 1 - 30. Each number has 2 statements attached
it which are labelled (a) and (b). I want the document to reflect 1 (a) on
the first line/s and (b) on the next followed by 2 (a) etc. Any
suggestions?
Leon

Fix Numbered Lists dgold Microsoft Word Help 1 March 11th 08 08:54 PM
Numbered Lists HCBoffice Microsoft Word Help 1 January 12th 08 12:47 AM
Numbered Lists Link New Users 13 April 29th 07 05:25 PM
Numbered Lists - What comes after "z" Tamlyn Schmeisser Microsoft Word Help 1 July 29th 05 09:31 PM
Numbered Lists Anna Summers Microsoft Word Help 9 July 4th 05 06:06 AM