Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Richard Richard is offline

Default Auto Numbering

When setting up Automatic numbering in Word 2003 is there a way to set it up
as follows:

Level 1: Article I
Level 2: 1.1

When we set level 2 it wants to use I.1. I'm sure there has to be a
workaround. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Richard
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

When you set up the outline numbering (see instructions at
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...umbering.html), check the
box for "Legal style numbering." This will render I, II, III in Level 1 as
1, 2, 3 at lower levels.

http://word.mvps.org