LuckyLady

Default Mailmerge datasource

Am having trouble with a mailmerge .doc file. I assign a datasource, save
the file, but when I reload it it appears the datasource is no longer
assigned since the mailmerge toolbar is greyed out except for the datasource
button. So I must reassign it each time I load it.

The datasource file seems fine once it is attached to the doc file. It just
is not retained.

Any ideas on this would be appreciated.

Thanks
Doug Robbins

What version of Word are you using? Are you getting the "Opening This Will
Run the Following SQL Command" message when you open the document? If so,
are you clicking on No?

Regardless following the workaround in the Knowledge Base article:
"Opening This Will Run the Following SQL Command" Message When You Open a
Word Document - 825765 at:

http://support.microsoft.com?kbid=825765

may overcome the problem.

--