Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stan Brown

Default "changes have been made that affect the global template"

Today I was surprised to get this message in Word. Conventional
advice is to check all add-ins, but I knew I hadn't added or changed
any in some time.

Microsoft software seems to hiccup on the day after the change to
daylight time or back again. (I remember this was a long-standing
problem with the NMAKE component of Visual C.) On a hunch, I opened
Word with no document (Start Run windows /n), closed it, and
answered Yes to the prompt. Then when I opened it again, with or
without a document, I no longer got the message upon closing.

I just wanted to share this so that it would be in the archives.

http://OakRoadSystems.com/