Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Beverley Beverley is offline

Default Table and row height

I need to create a table in a form in which the row height can grow but the
table itself remains the same size. I've set the width of the row so that the
text wraps but I need to stop the table from going over onto the next page as
each row grows. The form can only be one page long. Can it be done? I'm using
Word 2002.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

The only way I could see this working would be to put the table in a frame
with Exact height, but this would *not* keep the table from growing (I don't
think that's possible without Exact row heights). It would result in the
bottom of the table disappearing if it exceeded the size of the frame. On
balance, I think it might be better to set the rows to exact heights. You'll
still get the same disappearing text effect, but users are more likely to
notice (and limit their input) it in a given form field than in the entire
form.

"Beverley" wrote in message
I need to create a table in a form in which the row height can grow but

the
table itself remains the same size. I've set the width of the row so that

the
text wraps but I need to stop the table from going over onto the next page

as
each row grows. The form can only be one page long. Can it be done? I'm

using
Word 2002.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Beverley Beverley is offline

Thank you Suzanne, I've put the table into a frame as my users are not too
computer literate and will not need to use all the rows so will probably not
notice that rows have disappeared from the bottom.