Michael__1973

Default Problems with long word document

i have a book with many pictures as a word document. It is about 340 pages
long and the file size is about 1.7 GB. I after i put the document parts
together it looks fine, when I close it and reopen it the formatting is
little different. the pictures are gone or broken and the document says read
only. Whats that?
Jonathan West

"Michael__1973" wrote in message
i have a book with many pictures as a word document. It is about 340 pages
long and the file size is about 1.7 GB. I after i put the document parts
together it looks fine, when I close it and reopen it the formatting is
little different. the pictures are gone or broken and the document says
read
only. Whats that?

Sounds like that document has been corrupted, I would break it down into
smaller chunks and store them in separate files. Then if you need to create
a single Table of contents for the entire set, take a look at this article.

Creating a Table of Contents Spanning Multiple Documents

Regards
Jonathan West - Word MVP
www.intelligentdocuments.co.uk
Please reply to the newsgroup