Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] robo@gobluemail.com is offline

Default Mail Merge Currency Issue

I'm creating a mail merge and my data is in Excel format. The data comes to
me from People Soft.

The problem I'm having is the currency amounts are having extra numbers
added on at the end once they arrive in word.

ie 45.3333 in Excel ends up looking like 45.333300000000001 in Word.

when formatted

45.33 still ends up 45.333300000000001

I have tried formatting again, copying and pasting values as well removing
the hyperlinks that are on these numbers.

What can I do to prevent this from happening? Is this an Excel or Word
problem?

I'm dealing with thousands of letters so I don't want to be manually fixing
all these numbers.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel Jezebel is offline

The problem is at the Excel end. The quick fix is to set 'precision as
displayed'.

" wrote in
message ...