Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Default Numbered Lists

If you are saying that each section is in a separate document, you could
just type the first number (and the period, of course); in this case,
you would type "2." before the actual number in the "Number format" box.

If you want numbering to remain "live," you could set up an
outline-numbered list (see
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...Numbering.html) and set
the "Start at" number for level 1 to be 2.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Link" wrote in message
Can someone please help me with my simple numbered list?

All I would like to do is create a list like this:

2.1 Topic
2.2 Topic
2.3 Topic
2.4 Topic
etc...

The 1 section is in another document. I can't seem to nut out the

Bullets &
Numbering dialog. If anyone could provide step by step instructions, I

would
be most grateful.

Cheers,
Link.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Would you please correct your PC clock: it is a day in advance of itself.

If you are using this as a trick to keep YOUR post at the top of the list,
don't think it helps because Windows Mail and the latest versions of most
newsreaders can now delete delinquent posts.

--
Terry Farrell - MS Word MVP

"Link" wrote in message
Can someone please help me with my simple numbered list?

All I would like to do is create a list like this:

2.1 Topic
2.2 Topic
2.3 Topic
2.4 Topic
etc...

The 1 section is in another document. I can't seem to nut out the Bullets
& Numbering dialog. If anyone could provide step by step instructions, I
would be most grateful.

Cheers,
Link.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

You are welcome.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Link" wrote in message
Thanks for you help. I managed to do it!

Cheers,
Link.

"Link" wrote in message
Can someone please help me with my simple numbered list?

All I would like to do is create a list like this:

2.1 Topic
2.2 Topic
2.3 Topic
2.4 Topic
etc...

The 1 section is in another document. I can't seem to nut out the

Bullets &
Numbering dialog. If anyone could provide step by step

instructions, I
would
be most grateful.

Cheers,
Link.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

But the time on your system is set relative to GMT, and yours is incorrect.
For example, it is currently a little before 9 AM on April 26 where I am
(Central Daylight Time in the U.S.), but your posting time is shown as 6:04
PM on April 26. The reason for this, as shown by your message header (Thu,
26 Apr 2007 17:04:07 -0600), is that your system is set to GMT -0600, which
would be Mountain Daylight Time (or Central Standard Time) in the U.S. (my
headers show GMT -0500).

So regardless of what time is displayed on your system clock, your time zone
is set incorrectly.

"Link" wrote in message
Hi Terry

I'm in Australia, I AM a day ahead! From the US anyway. No trickery here.

Cheers,
Link.

"Link" wrote in message
Can someone please help me with my simple numbered list?

All I would like to do is create a list like this:

2.1 Topic
2.2 Topic
2.3 Topic
2.4 Topic
etc...

The 1 section is in another document. I can't seem to nut out the

Bullets
& Numbering dialog. If anyone could provide step by step instructions,

would be most grateful.

Cheers,
Link.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Still a problem, I think, as your header is claiming it's Saturday where you
are (Sat, 28 Apr 2007 00:15:23 +1000). For me here in Alabama, it is 6:22 PM
on Thursday, April 26, and your post claims to have been posted at 9:15 AM
on Friday. Now that you've corrected the time zone, you may need to reset
the date and time.

"Link" wrote in message
Is this better? Apologies - I never knew the two were separate.

Cheers,
Link.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
But the time on your system is set relative to GMT, and yours is
incorrect.
For example, it is currently a little before 9 AM on April 26 where I am
(Central Daylight Time in the U.S.), but your posting time is shown as
6:04
PM on April 26. The reason for this, as shown by your message header

(Thu,
26 Apr 2007 17:04:07 -0600), is that your system is set to GMT -0600,
which
would be Mountain Daylight Time (or Central Standard Time) in the U.S.

(my
headers show GMT -0500).

So regardless of what time is displayed on your system clock, your time
zone
is set incorrectly.

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.

"Link" wrote in message
Can someone please help me with my simple numbered list?

All I would like to do is create a list like this:

2.1 Topic
2.2 Topic
2.3 Topic
2.4 Topic
etc...

The 1 section is in another document. I can't seem to nut out the

Bullets
& Numbering dialog. If anyone could provide step by step

instructions,
would be most grateful.

Cheers,
Link.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

No, I think you're still a day ahead, as your post is showing 7:01 PM on
April 28, my time, whereas it's still April 27 here. I should think you'd be
seeing the wrong date there as well, as your message header shows Sun, 29
Apr 2007 10:01:14 +1000.

"Link" wrote in message
This is a comedy of errors on my part. Hopefully now, my date, time and
region are all good.

Thanks for your patience and apologies for any inconvenience.

"Link" wrote in message
Can someone please help me with my simple numbered list?

All I would like to do is create a list like this:

2.1 Topic
2.2 Topic
2.3 Topic
2.4 Topic
etc...

The 1 section is in another document. I can't seem to nut out the
Bullets
& Numbering dialog. If anyone could provide step by step

instructions,
would be most grateful.

Cheers,
Link.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Link Link is offline

Well this has been a real learning experience. One that has made me feel
like a real muppet.

I am actually a successful professional, believe it or not!

Hopefully I can prove that by finally getting my time right!;-)

"Link" wrote in message
Can someone please help me with my simple numbered list?

All I would like to do is create a list like this:

2.1 Topic
2.2 Topic
2.3 Topic
2.4 Topic
etc...

The 1 section is in another document. I can't seem to nut out
the
Bullets
& Numbering dialog. If anyone could provide step by step
instructions,
would be most grateful.

Cheers,
Link.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Far too simple, isn't it! g I'm please you got there.

Terry

"Link" wrote in message
Can someone please help me with my simple numbered list?

All I would like to do is create a list like this:

2.1 Topic
2.2 Topic
2.3 Topic
2.4 Topic
etc...

The 1 section is in another document. I can't seem to nut out
the
Bullets
& Numbering dialog. If anyone could provide step by step
instructions,
would be most grateful.

Cheers,
Link.

Alphabetizing Numbered Lists mvnguyen03 New Users 5 October 22nd 08 02:37 PM
Numbered Lists Rod Plastow Page Layout 5 September 27th 06 04:54 PM
Numbered Lists Mary Lee Page Layout 5 August 12th 05 04:08 PM
Numbered Lists - What comes after "z" Tamlyn Schmeisser Microsoft Word Help 1 July 29th 05 09:31 PM
Numbered Lists Anna Summers Microsoft Word Help 9 July 4th 05 06:06 AM