Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Mikelis Mikelis is offline

Default In a Word table, how can you total up a column of figures (money)?

Whatever happened to quick sum?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

I assume you're using Word 2007. Click the Layout tab (when you're in a
table); at the right end of the ribbon, click Formula. Sum(above) or
Sum(Left) is the default, depending on whether you're at the end of a column
or a row.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"Mikelis" wrote in message
Whatever happened to quick sum?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Mikelis Mikelis is offline

Default In a Word table, how can you total up a column of figures (mon

Yes, I am using Word 2007.
When I place the cursor in the last (empty) cell of the right-most column
(the one with the figures) and follow your suggestion, the total I get is
merely the amount shown in the previous cell, i.e. it doesn't include any of
the (selected) cells higher up in the column.
We're probably on the right track, but need some refinement. Thanks Herb
for your help so far.

"Mikelis" wrote in message
Whatever happened to quick sum?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Summer Summer is offline

Herb,
I notice that Sum Above is working even though I have blank cells in sum
column (has this been fixed in 2007?). I used to use Tools Calculate to
compensate for blank cells in sum column.