Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
JethroUK© JethroUK© is offline

Default Conditional Formatting?

I am using excel as a datasource and merging this to create some
appointments for some students

{MERGEFIELD "CSCS_Test_DateTime"}

I need to make the appointments pending very distinct from the history (in
RED maybe?)

Any way i can do this?

{IF {Mergefield "CSCS_Test_DateTime"} Now()

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
macropod macropod is offline

Hi Jethro,

Try:
{IF{MERGEFIELD "CSCS_Test_DateTime" \@ YYYYMMDD} {DATE \@ YYYYMMDD} {MERGEFIELD "CSCS_Test_DateTime" \@ "d MMM YYYY" \*Charformat}
{MERGEFIELD "CSCS_Test_DateTime" \@ "d MMM YYYY" \*Charformat}}
where you format the 'M' in the last two occurrences of 'MERGEFIELD' as you want the output to appear. Change the "d MMM YYYY"
strings to match your preferred date format (eg "dddd, d MMM YYYY", "d/M/YY", etc)

Cheers
--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"JethroUK©" wrote in message ...
I am using excel as a datasource and merging this to create some appointments for some students

{MERGEFIELD "CSCS_Test_DateTime"}

I need to make the appointments pending very distinct from the history (in RED maybe?)

Any way i can do this?

{IF {Mergefield "CSCS_Test_DateTime"} Now()

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
JethroUK© JethroUK© is offline

Hi

Thanks for that - I tried copy/pasting but i don't think i'm doing right -
it just stays as plain text - it doesn't even have the right-click menu for
fields: Update, Edit Toggle field codes

I've even tried pasting each parameter into the 'IF' wizard seperately

{MERGEFIELD "CSCS_Test_DateTime" \@ "d MMM YYYY" \*Charformat} {MERGEFIELD

"JethroUK©" wrote in message
I am using excel as a datasource and merging this to create some
appointments for some students

{MERGEFIELD "CSCS_Test_DateTime"}

I need to make the appointments pending very distinct from the history
(in RED maybe?)

Any way i can do this?

{IF {Mergefield "CSCS_Test_DateTime"} Now()

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

See your other thread - you cannot copy/paste fields.
You must use CTRL+F9 for each set of fields brackets.

"JethroUK©" wrote in message
I am using excel as a datasource and merging this to create some
appointments for some students

{MERGEFIELD "CSCS_Test_DateTime"}

I need to make the appointments pending very distinct from the
history (in RED maybe?)

Any way i can do this?

{IF {Mergefield "CSCS_Test_DateTime"} Now()

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
macropod macropod is offline

As Graham says, you can't simply copy & paste - you have to use proper field braces (ie '{ }'), which you insert in pairs via
Ctrl-F9. And be careful to keep the same spacing. In:
{IF{MERGEFIELD "CSCS_Test_DateTime" \@ YYYYMMDD} {DATE \@ YYYYMMDD}
{MERGEFIELD "CSCS_Test_DateTime" \@ "d MMM YYYY" \*Charformat} {MERGEFIELD "CSCS_Test_DateTime" \@ "d MMM YYYY" \*Charformat}}

make sure to delete the line feeds and ' ' character strings, so that there is a single space separating the fields.

Probably the easiest way to set the field up is to:
1. insert three copies of your basic mergefield, thus:
2. Select each field in turn, press Shift-F9 to expose its code and edit it as shown above, adding the formatting as originally
described, then pressing F9 to update the field before moving on to the next one
3. Insert a DATE field between the first pair of mergefields, via Ctrl-F9 to create a pair of field braces, then typing 'DATE' thus:
4. Select all the fields and press Ctrl-F9 to wrap all of them in a single field, thus:
5. Add the IF test, making sure to preserve the inter-field spacing, thus:
Note that there are two spaces.
6. Select the whole lot and press F9 to update.
7. Run your mailmerge.

Cheers
--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"JethroUK©" wrote in message ...
I am using excel as a datasource and merging this to create some appointments for some students

{MERGEFIELD "CSCS_Test_DateTime"}

I need to make the appointments pending very distinct from the history (in RED maybe?)

Any way i can do this?

{IF {Mergefield "CSCS_Test_DateTime"} Now()

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
JethroUK© JethroUK© is offline

It's working now - I only used CTRL F9 to create the outer pair and I
'still' didn't realise I had to use CTRL F9 to create all (5) pairs

Thanks

"JethroUK©" wrote in message
I am using excel as a datasource and merging this to create some
appointments for some students

{MERGEFIELD "CSCS_Test_DateTime"}

I need to make the appointments pending very distinct from the history
(in RED maybe?)

Any way i can do this?

{IF {Mergefield "CSCS_Test_DateTime"} Now()

Conditional formatting of text - how? John Kane Mailmerge 1 July 5th 07 06:26 PM
Conditional Formatting Patricia Microsoft Word Help 5 May 17th 06 03:11 PM
Conditional Formatting bhodge Mailmerge 2 February 28th 06 04:11 AM
Conditional Formatting roeserb Tables 3 January 12th 06 11:15 AM
how can I merge print and keep the conditional formatting Bob M Mailmerge 1 December 15th 04 03:32 PM