Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Debbie Debbie is offline

Default change default settings for auto spell check in office 2007

I have just installed Office Home and Student 2007,however within word the
autospell check is set at Welsh, and I keep trying to change this to default
English UK, but the changes do not take affect. So when typing in word it
does not highlight miss spelt words or even do a spell check as it says it
cannot perform this action for Welsh. Any solutions would be grealty
appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

In Windows XP, click on Start | Control Panel | Regional & Language
Options. Click on the Regional Options tab, make sure everything is set
to English UK, and remove anything related to Welsh. Click on the
Languages tab | Details | Settings tab, make sure everything is set to
English UK, and remove anything related to Welsh.

In Windows XP, click on Start | All Programs | Microsoft Office Tools |
Microsoft Office Language Settings | Enabled Languages tab. What
languages are in the list of Enabled languages? If you see Welsh,
remove it.

In Word 2007, open a new or existing document. Press Ctrl+A to select
all of the text. Click on Review tab | Proofing: Set Language | choose
your language | uncheck the "Detect language automatically" and "Do not
check spelling or grammar" boxes | Default | OK. If you are prompted to
save changes to your Normal.dotm global template when you close Word,
say yes.

Is Adobe Acrobat 7.0 installed on the computer? If yes, then the
Acrobat 7.0 Create Adobe PDF toolbar add-in for Word won't work with
Word 2007, and it prevents Word 2003 and earlier from automatically
saving changes to the Normal.dot template (which is where some language
settings are stored).