Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
frustrated frustrated is offline

Default How do I speed up typing in Word - extremely slow and frustrating

I am running Office 2007 (using Word) through Vista. It is a brand new
computer, with 2 GB RAM, 2GB Core Duo processor. So there are no problems
there. But I am finding that any document longer than 1 sentence, slows down
typing to such an extent that I type faster than the computer, and deleting
sentences is painfully slow. Please help. This is proving to be very very
frustrating and unworkable.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

For general trouble-shooting, see this article:
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...peningWord.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"frustrated" wrote:

I am running Office 2007 (using Word) through Vista. It is a brand new
computer, with 2 GB RAM, 2GB Core Duo processor. So there are no problems
there. But I am finding that any document longer than 1 sentence, slows down
typing to such an extent that I type faster than the computer, and deleting
sentences is painfully slow. Please help. This is proving to be very very
frustrating and unworkable.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Topher Topher is offline

Default How do I speed up typing in Word - extremely slow and frustrat

I am having this issue as well, and the link provided does not seem to work.

"frustrated" wrote:

I am running Office 2007 (using Word) through Vista. It is a brand new
computer, with 2 GB RAM, 2GB Core Duo processor. So there are no problems
there. But I am finding that any document longer than 1 sentence, slows down
typing to such an extent that I type faster than the computer, and deleting
sentences is painfully slow. Please help. This is proving to be very very
frustrating and unworkable.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Topher Topher is offline

Ok... more info on the problem I'm running into. When i delete my watermark
(not sure if it is called a watermark, but it is an image i add when editing
the header/footer, the image shows up grayed out when typing, but full color
when printed) image from the headers I notice typing speed increases a lot.
It still feels sluggish, but I can live with it. I added the watermarks back
in and the slow typing speed is back. Any thoughts on how to get around
this? I use watermarks in just about everything I write.