Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Richard Stricker Richard Stricker is offline

Default Caption on word wrapped picture to appear in TOC

Hello, I want to reference a picture in the TOC. I can link the caption ok
if the picture is inline. But when I wrap the text around the picture and
then produce a caption, that caption is inserted into a text box and I am
unable to add it to the TOC as "selected text".

How can this be done?

Thanks for you help.

R. Stricker

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Richard Stricker Richard Stricker is offline

Default Caption on word wrapped picture to appear in TOC (Did I mention this is Word 2007?

Hi, thanks for the idea, but I am still lost. I am using Word 2007 and I
don't see the option to "convert a text box to a frame".

When text is "wrapped" a caption is inserted below the picture, but in a
text box that hides it from the TOC.

If I use a drawing shape it has no "text reference" to add to the TOC...

Un-wrapped (in line) works fine, but (of course) I am wondering if it is
possible to do it the other way.

Any ideas?

Thanks for any help with this.

R. Stricker

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Actually the TOC *can* see text in text boxes in Word 2007, but this
facility is not backward-compatible. If the Format Text Box dialog still
exists, the "Convert to frame" option is on the Text Box tab.

"Richard Stricker" wrote in message
Hi, thanks for the idea, but I am still lost. I am using Word 2007 and I
don't see the option to "convert a text box to a frame".

When text is "wrapped" a caption is inserted below the picture, but in a
text box that hides it from the TOC.

If I use a drawing shape it has no "text reference" to add to the TOC...

Un-wrapped (in line) works fine, but (of course) I am wondering if it is
possible to do it the other way.

Any ideas?

Thanks for any help with this.

R. Stricker

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Richard Stricker Richard Stricker is offline

Default Thanks for the encouragement!

Thanks Suzanne, with your encouragement I looked deeper into the TOC options
and see that it can pick up the caption even when that caption is in a
separate text box.

I had become confused by not seeing the "add to TOC" option when I selected
the caption text.

Thanks for helping me.

R. Stricker