Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
sarah sarah is offline

Default skipping page numbers

I have a word document I would like to number, however, I have several
pictures in a different program I wish to print and manually insert into the
printed word document. Therefore I want word to miss out those page numbers,
so the numbering in word goes something like 1, 2, 5, 8, 10. is this
possible? Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Insert a section break where you want to change the page number. Then
use the "Start at" option in the Page Number Format dialog box to set
a starting page number for the section. To access the dialog box, you
can click the Format Page Number button on the Header and Footer
toolbar.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"sarah" wrote in message
I have a word document I would like to number, however, I have
several
pictures in a different program I wish to print and manually insert
into the
printed word document. Therefore I want word to miss out those page
numbers,
so the numbering in word goes something like 1, 2, 5, 8, 10. is this
possible? Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
sarah sarah is offline

Thanks, if I have to I will do that. Is there no quicker way? I have a 300
page document and need to miss out about 50 page numbers! It'll take a while
to sort out 50 section breaks.

"sarah" wrote in message
I have a word document I would like to number, however, I have
several
pictures in a different program I wish to print and manually insert
into the
printed word document. Therefore I want word to miss out those page
numbers,
so the numbering in word goes something like 1, 2, 5, 8, 10. is this
possible? Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

It will probably be easier just to insert a blank (numbered) page where you
plan to insert the pictures. Print the entire document, including the blank
pages, and then insert the pictures. Alternatively, you can print the
pictures on the already numbered but otherwise blank pages.

"sarah" wrote in message
I have a word document I would like to number, however, I have
several
pictures in a different program I wish to print and manually insert
into the
printed word document. Therefore I want word to miss out those page
numbers,
so the numbering in word goes something like 1, 2, 5, 8, 10. is this
possible? Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CS Hayes[_2_] CS Hayes[_2_] is offline

Wonderful solution!!
--
Chris Hayes
Still a beginner (only 12 years)

"sarah" wrote in message
I have a word document I would like to number, however, I have
several
pictures in a different program I wish to print and manually insert
into the
printed word document. Therefore I want word to miss out those page
numbers,
so the numbering in word goes something like 1, 2, 5, 8, 10. is this
possible? Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Good idea. And a paragraph style formatted as "Page break before"
could be used to create each blank page.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
It will probably be easier just to insert a blank (numbered) page

where you
plan to insert the pictures. Print the entire document, including

the blank
pages, and then insert the pictures. Alternatively, you can print

the
pictures on the already numbered but otherwise blank pages.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.