Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
tetwin tetwin is offline

Default delete email addresses in outlook

When I begin to type an address into Outlook email a box opens and gives a
list of email addresses. how do I get rid of them and prevent them from being
stored.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Gordon Bentley-Mix[_2_] Gordon Bentley-Mix[_2_] is offline

Not really a Word question but...

To remove one of these items from the list, simply select it (using the down
arrow works best) and press the Delete key.

To permanently disable this feature in Outlook 2003 (which doesn't really
"prevent them from being stored" but does stop them from being displayed),
click Tools | Options... and on the 'Preferences' tab of the 'Options'
dialog box, click the "E-mail Options..." button in the 'E-Mail' section. In
the 'E-mail Options' dialog box click the "Advanced E-Mail Options..."
button in the 'Message Handling' section. In the 'Advanced E-Mail Options'
dialog box, clear the "Suggest names while completing To, Cc and Bcc fields"
checkbox in the 'When sending a message' section.
--
Cheers!

Gordon Bentley-Mix
Word MVP

Please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup.

Read the original version of this post in the Office Discussion Groups - no
membership required!