Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CBC CBC is offline

Default Word 2007 error message when closing.

I have tried the suggestions in G Mayor's post about this issue (See
http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm then
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...artingWord.htm.) and they had
not effect on the issue.

When closing MS Word 2007 I get the message "MS Office has encoutered a
problem and needs to close." I get the following for the error signature

AppName: winword.exe AppVer: 12.0.6211.1000 AppStamp: 46d4a7df
ModName: penusa.dll ModVer: 1.0.1038.0 ModStamp: 3a810bd2
fDebug: 0 Offset: 00026390

I have uninstalled the drivers and OCR software for a Canon Scanner DR1210
and I have a Canon iP3000 PIXMA printer for which I have not reinstalled the
drivers but I plan to do so.

So far, all that I read in the discussion group and apply to this computer
has not worked.

Does anyone have additional suggestions for a solution to this issue?

Thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

penusa.dll is related to the Microsoft Handwriting Input User
Interface in Microsoft Office and Microsoft Windows, not a Canon
printer driver. Try repairing your Office 2007 installation by
running "Office Diagnostics" or "Detect and Repair" as described
in http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=924611 "How to install and
to repair 2007 Office features".