Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Erik Bo Sørensen Erik Bo Sørensen is offline

Default Bug in Word2007 B2TR? wont create backup on network drives

Hi

Setting Word options, Advanced, Save, Always create backup copy gives
File Permission Error when trying to save an edited Word2007B2TR .docx or
..doc on network drives no problems on local drives.

The user has Full rights on and is Owner of the network drives in question.

No problems saving edited .docx under a new name on network drives.

[Ctrl+F4] or [Alt+F4] in an edited .doc creates an interesting message box:

i Drive:\path\filename.doc cannot be found. Check your spelling, or
try a different path.

[OK]

Apparently Word has a problem creating the Backup of*.wbk on network drives?

---

Then the only "solution" I have been able to come up with is to disable the
"Always create backup copy".

By the way: Where did the Save, Always create backup copy setting go in
Excel2007?

- I would really appreciate if anybody had a real solution or MS could
confirm a bug (that will be fixed in RTM!)
---
Best regards
Erik Bo

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Erik Bo,

I was able to duplicate this in Windows XP in Word 2007 Beta2 TR. I've been advised that it appears to have been fixed since B2TR.

Excel's "Always create backup" feature in Excel 2003 and Excel 2007 is located under File=Save As=Tools=General Options and is
for specific workbooks if I recall correctly.

==================

--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Erik Bo Sørensen Erik Bo Sørensen is offline

Hi Bob

Thanx for the good (for my sanity) news.
(Maybe MS (if they dont already) should publish known bugs and fixes in the
Beta-programs)

You are right (though I aint able to follow your link) - my memory slipped
again - neither do Excel2003 offer an "Always create backup" feature.

--
Best regards and thank you again for taking time to answer/comment
Erik Bo

"Erik Bo Sørensen" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Erik Bo,

In Excel 2007 the 'Office Button' replaces 'File' so the
Excel 'Always create backup' (need to have a file open) setting in 2007 is under

Button=Save As=[Tools]=General Options

The 'tools' is a button on the lower left corner of the Save As dialog box.

There is a 'known item' list that came out with Beta 2 and was updated with B2TR in the readme file, but there are a number of items
that weren't listed, but when MS tests in newer versions can't duplicate the problem.

============
"Erik Bo Srensen" wrote in message
Hi Bob

Thanx for the good (for my sanity) news.
(Maybe MS (if they dont already) should publish known bugs and fixes in the
Beta-programs)

You are right (though I aint able to follow your link) - my memory slipped
again - neither do Excel2003 offer an "Always create backup" feature.

--
Best regards and thank you again for taking time to answer/comment
Erik Bo
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

No Backup saved when "Always Create Backup Copy" checked. Why? tamoeller Microsoft Word Help 2 June 18th 06 06:00 AM
How can I create a backup of all auto text entries? Susan K. Microsoft Word Help 2 March 24th 06 06:07 AM
Backup and Autosave Greg Microsoft Word Help 3 November 15th 05 02:05 PM
No backup Ron Patterson New Users 9 June 22nd 05 11:38 PM
Word Folders Open Slowly When Not Connected to Network Drives Jeremy Microsoft Word Help 2 January 7th 05 10:21 PM