Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
kang kang is offline

Default a return sign is hard to delete

after I insert a page break in the first column of the table.
the return sign occupies one line of space.

it's really hard to delete.

how can I delete the return sign?

thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Luc Luc is offline

Kang,
You cannot delete it. Maybe select the paragraph sign and format the font to
be 1pt. That way it will look as if there is no sign.
--
Luc Sanders
(MVP - PowerPoint)

"kang" schreef in bericht
after I insert a page break in the first column of the table.
the return sign occupies one line of space.

it's really hard to delete.

how can I delete the return sign?

thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Please do not post attachments!
See Luc's answer.

kang wrote:
here is a screenshot.

kang wrote:
after I insert a page break in the first column of the table.
the return sign occupies one line of space.

it's really hard to delete.

how can I delete the return sign?

thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Unless this is a bizarre font (always a possibility, since the character
seems to represent end-of-cell markers as well), that is a line break, not a
paragraph break, and I'm amazed you could get by with that between a page
break and a table. But if you want a page break before a table without a
paragraph above the table on the page, don't use Ctrl+Enter to insert a
manual page break; instead, select the first row of the table and format it
as "Page break before" (Format | Paragraph | Line and Page Breaks). This has
the added advantage that it doesn't split the table, so any repeated heading
row(s) will continue on the new page.

"kang" wrote in message
here is a screenshot.

----