Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
jonjon jonjon is offline

Default how to disable word options from users

Is there a way to disable word option in word 2007 using the registry editor?
I don't want users to be able to change the word options that are set, or is
there a way to hide it? Maybe using gpedit.
thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Which Word options do you want to disable?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"jonjon" wrote in message
Is there a way to disable word option in word 2007 using the registry
editor?
I don't want users to be able to change the word options that are set, or
is
there a way to hide it? Maybe using gpedit.
thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Maybe, maybe not, depending what you want to stop.

Many Word options are there to be changed so that a user can get the best
out of Word to suit the way they work. A simple example is that some users
are mouse-centric whilst others are keyboard-centric. So they have opposing
preferences. This is one reason for Roaming Profiles so that a user may log
in to the Company server from anywhere and get their preferred options.

But if you to maintain a company standard throughout the company or
department, then there are ways to achieve this.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"jonjon" wrote in message
Is there a way to disable word option in word 2007 using the registry
editor?
I don't want users to be able to change the word options that are set, or
is
there a way to hide it? Maybe using gpedit.
thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
jonjon jonjon is offline

hi terry,

At our company we have different user accounts and I don't really want the
user to be able to change the macro setting or change the save directory I
have specified. I think there is a registry change I can make to make the
macro setting disabled, not sure about making the save setting though.

So there is no way to disable word options all together, these computers are
for patrons not actuall company people.

thanks

"jonjon" wrote in message
Is there a way to disable word option in word 2007 using the registry
editor?
I don't want users to be able to change the word options that are set, or
is
there a way to hide it? Maybe using gpedit.
thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Unfortunately, there isn't any way to lock down Word to that extent. If you
can change the registry, so can the user.

Terry