Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
cayce cayce is offline

Default Option in W2007 to view a numbered list

Is there a way you can set a Word 2007 option that will show you at a glance
when content has a numbered list applied to it?

I already have set field shading to always. However, it doesn't display if a
heading style has outline numbering applied to it, or a numbered list has
been created by direct format from the paragraph formatting option. It isn't
until you put your cursor on the number that the gray shading appears. I'd
like this to be on all the time.

I went through Word options and didn't see anything but others might know of
a another way to accomplish this.

I appreciate help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

As far as I know, this is not possible. Unlike field results (whose shading
are controlled by the option that you mentioned), list numbers are only
highlighted when you click to select them.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"cayce" wrote in message
Is there a way you can set a Word 2007 option that will show you at a
glance
when content has a numbered list applied to it?

I already have set field shading to always. However, it doesn't display if
heading style has outline numbering applied to it, or a numbered list has
been created by direct format from the paragraph formatting option. It
isn't
until you put your cursor on the number that the gray shading appears. I'd
like this to be on all the time.

I went through Word options and didn't see anything but others might know
of
a another way to accomplish this.

I appreciate help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
cayce cayce is offline

Too bad. It would help troubleshooting numbering problems when you can see at
a glance if numbering has been added or not to a paragraph by others.

thanks for responding Stefan.

"cayce" wrote in message
Is there a way you can set a Word 2007 option that will show you at a
glance
when content has a numbered list applied to it?

I already have set field shading to always. However, it doesn't display if
heading style has outline numbering applied to it, or a numbered list has
been created by direct format from the paragraph formatting option. It
isn't
until you put your cursor on the number that the gray shading appears. I'd
like this to be on all the time.

I went through Word options and didn't see anything but others might know
of
a another way to accomplish this.

I appreciate help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

I'm not sure I understand exactly what you are trying to do, but perhaps you
could use the Reveal Formatting pane to investigate which formatting has
been applied to a paragraph.

Also, note that if you set up a template with numbered styles, numbering
will be easier to deal with. In Word 2007, you can use Home tab | Multilevel
List | Define New Multilevel List.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP