MattWright MattWright is offline
Junior Member

Default Data Entry Confusion

OK, so I have a document where there is a table with text entry fields. Column 1 is Qty, Column 2 is Item description (nothing to do with my problem), Column 3 Unit Price, and Column 4 Line Price. There are approx 25 Rows that are identical. I have it set to multiply the Qty and Unit Price Columns to get the Line Price Column. My problem is that my client does not want the $0.00 in the Line Price Column if there is no item using that row. I found where I can use the \# $#,##0.00;($#,##0.00); formula to get this result, the only problem is the Total Price Field at the bottom of the page. It will not calculate the total from these fields if I use this formula. I need to know, is there a way to make these $0.00 unprintable unless they are replaced by another number, or is there a way to bypass the non-calculating blank field option or another way to hide these $0.00 until they are filled in but still calculate as a zero for the Total Price field. My client only wants to use MS Word, not Excel. Any help would be much appreciated.

Last edited by MattWright : June 25th 12 at 09:34 PM Reason: Adjusting Details
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Is this a protected form (with legacy form fields)?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"MattWright" wrote in message

[...]

Data entry form in word? Linda RQ New Users 1 March 22nd 10 11:34 PM
Data entry into a form field lamathews Page Layout 1 October 4th 06 09:24 PM
data entry motocrossed Tables 1 May 31st 06 10:13 PM
Looking for best way to handle data entry JM Microsoft Word Help 8 April 8th 06 03:30 AM