Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
goincraxy goincraxy is offline

Default what is the dotted line in the margins that causes spacing?

I am using a resume template that is causing spacing like a page break (but
isn't). In draft view, it appears as a dotted line in the left and right
margins, but I cannot select it, nor can I delete it by backspacing or using
the delete button. How do I get rid of it so my text after a table will be
on the same page? This dotted line is causing the text to start on the next
page.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

It sounds as if the style of the paragraph after the table is set to "Page
break before". Select Format Paragraph Line and Page Breaks tab. If "Page
break before" is turned on, turn it off and click OK.

To apply the same change to all paragraphs with the style in question, you
need to modify the style. See:
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/styl...ifyAStyle.html

Note that in general, "Page break before" is the best solution to use if you
want a paragraph to always start on a new page. Manual page breaks can, for
example, result in empty pages in a document.

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg