Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jane Ugilt

Default Track changes shown when converting to a PDF-file

I have a Word document with changes shown in balloons (from track changes).
Since the document has grown tremendously when track changes is activated, I
want to convert it to a PDF-file before sending it by mail. When the document
is converted to PDF, no changes are shown in the document. How do I convert
it with changes visible?

Also I have tried to copy the Word document, leaving the last hard return
out, and inserted it in a new document. Before the file was 2,136 KB, now it
is 108 KB, but no changes are shown. Maybe it is the same problem as above?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod

Hi Jane,

You can get the tacked changes to show in the pdf by 'printing' the file to
pdf using the pdf distiller driver.

You can sometimes get a significant reduction in file size if you accept
just the tracked deletions, and/or any changes that might be nothing more
than a re-ordering of the text, which might suit your needs.

Cheers

--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"Jane Ugilt" wrote in message
I have a Word document with changes shown in balloons (from track

changes).
Since the document has grown tremendously when track changes is activated,

want to convert it to a PDF-file before sending it by mail. When the

document
is converted to PDF, no changes are shown in the document. How do I

convert
it with changes visible?

Also I have tried to copy the Word document, leaving the last hard return
out, and inserted it in a new document. Before the file was 2,136 KB, now

it
is 108 KB, but no changes are shown. Maybe it is the same problem as

above?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jane Ugilt

Hi Macropod,

That worked, and the document was reduced to 65 KB, fantastic! Thank you
very much, just what I needed.

Best regards,
Jane