Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jam-acp jam-acp is offline

Default distribute a form

This is such an embarrassing question, I was tempted to create a fake account
to post it because I don't want anyone to know I don't know this.

I need to create a form that our staff can fill out and send to my manager.
I've created and tested the form and it's working fine. But how do I
distribute it? Is it just a matter of finding the ".dot" file and emailing
that and then telling people where to save it? I'm so confused.

Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Yes, the form should be created as a template and installed in the
proper templates folder. For more on forms, see
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/customizat...nTheBlanks.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"jam-acp" wrote in message
This is such an embarrassing question, I was tempted to create a fake
account
to post it because I don't want anyone to know I don't know this.

I need to create a form that our staff can fill out and send to my
manager.
I've created and tested the form and it's working fine. But how do I
distribute it? Is it just a matter of finding the ".dot" file and emailing
that and then telling people where to save it? I'm so confused.

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

If all of the users are on the same network, the principles described in
this article should apply:
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/macrosvba/...buteMacros.htm. In other words,
you could use a log-in script to add the template to the user templates
folder for each user.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"jam-acp" wrote in message
This is such an embarrassing question, I was tempted to create a fake
account
to post it because I don't want anyone to know I don't know this.

I need to create a form that our staff can fill out and send to my
manager.
I've created and tested the form and it's working fine. But how do I
distribute it? Is it just a matter of finding the ".dot" file and
emailing
that and then telling people where to save it? I'm so confused.

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Glad I could help.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"jam-acp" wrote in message
This is such an embarrassing question, I was tempted to create a fake
account
to post it because I don't want anyone to know I don't know this.

I need to create a form that our staff can fill out and send to my
manager.
I've created and tested the form and it's working fine. But how do I
distribute it? Is it just a matter of finding the ".dot" file and
emailing
that and then telling people where to save it? I'm so confused.

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jam-acp jam-acp is offline

Update to original question. Now my manager wants me to make this form
available on our website as a downloadable file that people can fill out and
email back. Would I still upload the ".dot" file?

"jam-acp" wrote:

This is such an embarrassing question, I was tempted to create a fake account
to post it because I don't want anyone to know I don't know this.

I need to create a form that our staff can fill out and send to my manager.
I've created and tested the form and it's working fine. But how do I
distribute it? Is it just a matter of finding the ".dot" file and emailing
that and then telling people where to save it? I'm so confused.

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

This depends on how the form should be used. If everyone who downloads it is
supposed to use it only once, the *.doc file should work (assuming that the
form does not make use of macros in the *.dot).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP