Pam Coleman

Default edit and replace

I have a very large document that has throughout it numbers, such as 1_, 2_,
11_, all the way to 55_. My question: I have created a macro to use a
wildcard and find the number along with the underline and replace it with a
space. My question, can it find all the numbers with one macro such as 1_,
2_, 5_, without me having to create a macro with each beginning number. It
will only find the beginning 1's. Thanks,
Greg

Pam,

You don't need a macro at all.

EditReplaceMoreUse Wildcards

In the find what field type:

I think you want to leave the number and just replace the _ with a
space. If correct, in replace with type:
\1space
that is \1and a single tap of the spacebar
Click replace all.