asha_basha

Default Cannot print double-sided without blank pages printing as well?

I am having trouble printing a MS Word document double-sided. Because I have
used Section Breaks throughout this document it wants to print a blank page
after each section break. This only happens when I print double-sided, does
not do this when printed single-sided.

This has only started happening to me since I have been using the new MS
Word 2003 Edition?
Andrea Jones

Have you checked in View - Normal to make sure your section breaks aren't
all odd or even page section breaks or something?

Andrea Jones
http://www.allaboutoffice.co.uk
http://www.stratatraining.co.uk
http://www.allaboutclait.com

"asha_basha" wrote:

I am having trouble printing a MS Word document double-sided. Because I have
used Section Breaks throughout this document it wants to print a blank page
after each section break. This only happens when I print double-sided, does
not do this when printed single-sided.

This has only started happening to me since I have been using the new MS
Word 2003 Edition?

asha_basha

Hi Andrea

Many thanks for your reply - unfortunately yes I have double checked my
Section Breaks numerous times and this does not seem to make a difference, it
still wants to print a blank page after each section?

Cheers Carlie

"asha_basha" wrote:

I am having trouble printing a MS Word document double-sided. Because I have
used Section Breaks throughout this document it wants to print a blank page
after each section break. This only happens when I print double-sided, does
not do this when printed single-sided.

This has only started happening to me since I have been using the new MS
Word 2003 Edition?

If you are duplexing (or Word thinks you are because you're using mirror
margins or "Different odd and even" headers/footers) and restarting
numbering in each section, Word will start each section on a recto
(right-hand, odd) page even without an Odd Page break, because it knows that
page 1 must be a recto page.

"asha_basha" wrote:

I am having trouble printing a MS Word document double-sided. Because

I have
used Section Breaks throughout this document it wants to print a blank

page
after each section break. This only happens when I print

double-sided, does
not do this when printed single-sided.

This has only started happening to me since I have been using the new

MS
Word 2003 Edition?

asha_basha

Hi Suzanne,

The page numbering throughout my document is set to continuous and does not
start a new number after each section break. Thanks!

"asha_basha" wrote:

I am having trouble printing a MS Word document double-sided. Because

I have
used Section Breaks throughout this document it wants to print a blank

page
after each section break. This only happens when I print

double-sided, does
not do this when printed single-sided.

This has only started happening to me since I have been using the new

MS
Word 2003 Edition?

In that case, are you trying to print portrait on the back of landscape or
vice versa? If so, Word will accommodate the printer by changing your Next
Page break to Odd Page. You can usually reverse this by changing the section
start type on the Layout type of Page Setup.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

If you are duplexing (or Word thinks you are because you're using mirror
margins or "Different odd and even" headers/footers) and restarting
numbering in each section, Word will start each section on a recto
(right-hand, odd) page even without an Odd Page break, because it knows

that
page 1 must be a recto page.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"asha_basha" wrote:

I am having trouble printing a MS Word document double-sided.

Because
I have
used Section Breaks throughout this document it wants to print a

blank
page
after each section break. This only happens when I print

double-sided, does
not do this when printed single-sided.

This has only started happening to me since I have been using the

new
MS
Word 2003 Edition?

asha_basha

Hi Suzanne, I already tried this, it doesn't seem to matter what type of
section break, whether it is an Odd Section Break or an Even Section Break,
it still prints a blank page. I tested a blank document out this morning
with only using Landscape pages and this printed back-to-back fine, but as
soon as I changed every second page to Portrait this is where the problem
starts, it then printed a blank page after each landscape page?

"asha_basha" wrote:

I am having trouble printing a MS Word document double-sided.

Because
I have
used Section Breaks throughout this document it wants to print a

blank
page
after each section break. This only happens when I print
double-sided, does
not do this when printed single-sided.

This has only started happening to me since I have been using the

new
MS
Word 2003 Edition?

asha_basha

Hi Suzanne,

Yes these pages are 'True Blank Pages' - they do not show up in 'Print
Preview' or on the screen. They only print out when I am selecting Duplex
Printing - they DO NOT print out on Single-sided Print.

Cheers
Carlie