Jeremy

Default "Headers and footers. Update a cross refence appearing before a fi

I've seen the various posting about not being able to place fields in headers
and footers but that you can use a cross reference (in an unprotected
document). However, my cross reference is not being updated until the
document is printed or displayed in print preview.

I assume this is because the cross reference is appearing before the field
in the document. However as the first variable I am trying to display is the
companies legal entity I am unable to change its position.

Is there a way around this problem?

With thanks
Anne Troy

Jeremy: The best you can do is force an update. It has nothing to do with
the placement of the cross-reference.
http://www.officearticles.com/word/u...osoft_word.htm
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"Jeremy" wrote in message
I've seen the various posting about not being able to place fields in
headers
and footers but that you can use a cross reference (in an unprotected
document). However, my cross reference is not being updated until the
document is printed or displayed in print preview.

I assume this is because the cross reference is appearing before the field
in the document. However as the first variable I am trying to display is
the
companies legal entity I am unable to change its position.

Is there a way around this problem?

With thanks

Charles Kenyon

Instead of a bookmark and a Ref field, use a custom character style and a
StyleRef field. I've found that these update immediately.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.