Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
thomcats thomcats is offline

Default Autocorrections won't stay

I have made a docucment and applied certain autocorrections to it. After this
I've saved the document to be able to use it later. When I open it again -
say after having had the PC turned off over the night - and call up my
document again, ALL my settings in the autocorrection section are gone again
and I will have to enter them all over again. It's extremely tedious and
tiresome to have to do this every time I'm to use the document. Is there no
way of making the corrections stay for good?

Thanks in advance for help
thomcats
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon Charles Kenyon is offline

Autocorrect settings are not document or template specific, they are stored
in the registry. It is possible you have a corrupt data key.
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/customizat...ngscontent.htm
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"thomcats" wrote in message
I have made a docucment and applied certain autocorrections to it. After
this
I've saved the document to be able to use it later. When I open it again -
say after having had the PC turned off over the night - and call up my
document again, ALL my settings in the autocorrection section are gone
again
and I will have to enter them all over again. It's extremely tedious and
tiresome to have to do this every time I'm to use the document. Is there
no
way of making the corrections stay for good?

Thanks in advance for help
thomcats

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
thomcats thomcats is offline

Thank you very much for the links, I will study them and what they will do
for my registry and then come back with a report.

Best regards
thomcats

"thomcats" wrote in message
I have made a docucment and applied certain autocorrections to it. After
this
I've saved the document to be able to use it later. When I open it again -
say after having had the PC turned off over the night - and call up my
document again, ALL my settings in the autocorrection section are gone
again
and I will have to enter them all over again. It's extremely tedious and
tiresome to have to do this every time I'm to use the document. Is there
no
way of making the corrections stay for good?

Thanks in advance for help
thomcats

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
thomcats thomcats is offline

Hello again,

It was easy to follow the instructions in the links provided and for a while
everything was fine and dandy, until all of a sudden, all the settings were
gone again.

However, I've found the "culprit" who changes my settings - and it's a 3rd
party program which does it - nothing within in Microsoft or Office at all.
I'll add the explanation here to give some other people a tip about it,
should they be in the same situation as me.

I found out, by pure chance, that the otherwise very good cleaning program
"CCleaner" removes personal settings in Office 2003. When visiting the forums
for that program, I also found out that this is a known issue and hopefully
this bug will be removed in further version. In the meantime, just un-tick
Office 2003 from the CCleaner's cleaning-list.

Hope this will help others and it just *might* apply to other cleaning
program too, so before doing anything else, check on them first.

Best regards
thomcats

"thomcats" wrote in message
I have made a docucment and applied certain autocorrections to it. After
this
I've saved the document to be able to use it later. When I open it again -
say after having had the PC turned off over the night - and call up my
document again, ALL my settings in the autocorrection section are gone
again
and I will have to enter them all over again. It's extremely tedious and
tiresome to have to do this every time I'm to use the document. Is there
no
way of making the corrections stay for good?

Thanks in advance for help
thomcats

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Thanks for posting your findings - I'm sure it will be helpful to others!

Regards |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 8/13/06 11:10 AM, in article