Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony

Default Searchinh for Words on an Image

I do a lot inseting of articles from online courses that I take, so I can
study.
What I do is screen print the screen and paste it into WORD.
I no that the image floats ontop of work.
Is there any way to do a search on that image to find a particular word in
thae images.

Thanks in advance, Tony
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

Tony wrote:
I do a lot inseting of articles from online courses that I take, so I
can study.
What I do is screen print the screen and paste it into WORD.
I no that the image floats ontop of work.
Is there any way to do a search on that image to find a particular
word in thae images.

Thanks in advance, Tony

No, there's no way to search for content while it's still an image.

If you open the image file in an optical character recognition (OCR) program
such as FineReader or OmniPage, you may be able to convert the image to
editable/searchable text, which you can save into a Word document.

If the online course materials are text in a web page or something like
that, then taking a screen print is just making extra work for yourself.
Select the text, copy it to the clipboard, and paste it into Word using Edit
Paste Special Unformatted text. If the course materials are already

graphic images, then you have to use OCR (or ask the course supplier to send
you text files).

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Richard Bacon

If you use jpg files, it's possible to add metadat (keywords) to the images
using the IPTC facilities and something like Irfanview or PXVUE . those can
be searched using other tools (windows desktop search for example with an
appropriate plugin, or open source image databases). You can add the same
keywords to the word documents.

Hope that helps

Richard Bacon
Wellington