mwelizeb

Default header & trailer do not reflect the information selected e.g. fil.

I have added a header & trailer in my word document. It is not reflecting
the link but rather repeating the name e.g. Page PAGE of NUMPAGES or
FILENAME. There is a block before FILENAME and a block after that. In
previous versions it would have lined to my file name or also display e.g.
Page 1 of 10 for the page number selection. I am using Office 2003.

mwelizeb

Hi Suzanne,
I have tried F9 and alt +F9 already, but it is still not updating the header
or footer. I thought that it might be a setting but cannot find anything

Thanks,
mwelizeb

"mwelizeb" wrote in message
I have added a header & trailer in my word document. It is not reflecting
the link but rather repeating the name e.g. Page PAGE of NUMPAGES

or
FILENAME. There is a block before FILENAME and a block after that. In
previous versions it would have lined to my file name or also display e.g.
Page 1 of 10 for the page number selection. I am using Office 2003.

In that case, it would appear that someone has just typed in text instead of
inserting the required fields. Select PAGE and click on the Insert Page
Number button to replace the text with a field. Repeat with Insert Number of
Pages for NUMPAGES. Filename or Filename and path will be found on the
AutoText menu.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Press Alt+F9 to toggle the display from field codes to field results.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"mwelizeb" wrote in message
I have added a header & trailer in my word document. It is not

reflecting
the link but rather repeating the name e.g. Page PAGE of

NUMPAGES
or
FILENAME. There is a block before FILENAME and a block after that.

In
previous versions it would have lined to my file name or also display

e.g.
Page 1 of 10 for the page number selection. I am using Office 2003.

mwelizeb

The problem that I do have is with the Insert Auto Text menu. When I am
selecting anyone of the options in that menu, it is not displaying correctly
bt just display the text.

"mwelizeb" wrote in message
I have added a header & trailer in my word document. It is not

reflecting
the link but rather repeating the name e.g. Page PAGE of

NUMPAGES
or
FILENAME. There is a block before FILENAME and a block after that.

In
previous versions it would have lined to my file name or also display

e.g.
Page 1 of 10 for the page number selection. I am using Office 2003.

In that case, the AutoText has become corrupted. Do you still have the
problem if you start Word in Office Safe Mode (by holding the Ctrl key down
as it loads) or by entering

winword /a

at the Start | Run prompt and pressing Enter?

"mwelizeb" wrote in message
I have added a header & trailer in my word document. It is not

reflecting
the link but rather repeating the name e.g. Page PAGE of

NUMPAGES
or
FILENAME. There is a block before FILENAME and a block after

that.
In
previous versions it would have lined to my file name or also

display
e.g.
Page 1 of 10 for the page number selection. I am using Office

2003.

Page Number and Page header on the first page Frank Drost Formatting Long Documents 3 March 1st 05 02:17 PM
How do I wipe out all reviewing information from a Word 2002 docu. bharatmnaik New Users 2 February 25th 05 03:33 AM
Header changes with text outside of header Connie Martin Microsoft Word Help 3 February 22nd 05 06:58 PM
Table headers Sam Hobbs New Users 12 December 20th 04 07:18 PM
Same header but even/odd footer (sorry for the new thread) B?atrice Karjalainen Page Layout 1 December 16th 04 12:40 AM