Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
TKS_Mark TKS_Mark is offline

Default AutoCorrect List from Old PC

I got a new Windows Vista PC running Office 2007. I'm trying to import my
autocorrect lists. The old PC was running Windows XP with Office 2003. I
found the .acl files, but when I put them in the correct folder and rename
the ones that came with the new computer, they are overwritten once I define
a new autocorrection.

Please help.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Note that there are different *.acl files for different languages. See
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/customizat...utocorrect.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"TKS_Mark" wrote in message
news
I got a new Windows Vista PC running Office 2007. I'm trying to import my
autocorrect lists. The old PC was running Windows XP with Office 2003. I
found the .acl files, but when I put them in the correct folder and rename
the ones that came with the new computer, they are overwritten once I
define
a new autocorrection.

Please help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
TKS_Mark TKS_Mark is offline

I went through that utility. It did create a Word file on my old machine. I
ran the utility on my new machine and it said it was done after several
seconds. But none of my custom autocorrects were imported. Does this
program work with 2007 coming from a 2003 machine? The article seems to have
been written to go from 1997 or 2000 to 2003.

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Note that there are different *.acl files for different languages. See
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/customizat...utocorrect.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"TKS_Mark" wrote in message
news
I got a new Windows Vista PC running Office 2007. I'm trying to import my
autocorrect lists. The old PC was running Windows XP with Office 2003. I
found the .acl files, but when I put them in the correct folder and rename
the ones that came with the new computer, they are overwritten once I
define
a new autocorrection.

Please help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
TKS_Mark TKS_Mark is offline

Stefan,

Apparently, you have to reboot in order for it to work. It works this
morning. Thanks for the help!

Mark.

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Note that there are different *.acl files for different languages. See
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/customizat...utocorrect.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"TKS_Mark" wrote in message
news
I got a new Windows Vista PC running Office 2007. I'm trying to import my
autocorrect lists. The old PC was running Windows XP with Office 2003. I
found the .acl files, but when I put them in the correct folder and rename
the ones that came with the new computer, they are overwritten once I
define
a new autocorrection.

Please help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

I'm glad you got it sorted.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Note that there are different *.acl files for different languages. See
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/customizat...utocorrect.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP