Fenton

Default Set a doc to always open in page layout

Using Word 2000 on Windows 2000 Pro.

I have someone who, when I send her a document, wants it to open in Page
Layout view. However, when I save it and close it while in Page Layout view,
the next open is always in Normal view. Is the layout not one of the
qualities that's saved with the document? I also don't see it as any option
in any customizable setting.

Note that I have not tested this with the recipient. I'm testing it on MY
machine first, so it could be a problem here.

Fenton

Fenton wrote:
Using Word 2000 on Windows 2000 Pro.

I have someone who, when I send her a document, wants it to open in Page
Layout view. However, when I save it and close it while in Page Layout view,
the next open is always in Normal view. Is the layout not one of the
qualities that's saved with the document? I also don't see it as any option
in any customizable setting.

Note that I have not tested this with the recipient. I'm testing it on MY
machine first, so it could be a problem here.

Never mind. I found that if I only switched layouts and did a "save" that the
file was not saved in its new state. I had to do a save as or change
something to force a save.