Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Richard Zuckerman Richard Zuckerman is offline

Default 6 1/8-by 9 1/4-inch booklet

I 'd like to learn how to shrink the pages down to a "Booklet Format"
required for a paid petition for Certiorari in the United States Supreme
Court Rule 33.1.(a), to 6 1/8- by 9 1/4-inch booklet. I have asked the
Middlesex County College Computer Science Department, www.middlesexcc.edu,
but they suggested I search "Booklet Format" in Word, but I have not been
successful in finding it. There are a few companies whom specialize in
preparing these petitions for certiorari by shrinking the pages down to same
aforementioned "booklet format"; But I'd like to learn how to do it myself!!
It is frustrating being unable to do this, considering I have a Diploma in
Paralegal from New York University in 2003 and B.A. in Political Science,
Kean College of New Jersey, 1987, and continually witness the state and
federal courts co-opting the legal profession as a private preserve for the
affluent. How can I shrink the pages down to the Supreme Court Rule 33.1(a)
"booklet format"?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

It is easy enough to create pages of any given size by increasing the
margins on Letter paper, but you're still going to have to take your pages
to a commercial printer for printing unless (a) you have a printer that
prints 11 x 17 and (b) you are willing to create a booklet on 11 x 17 (with
large margins) and then trim the pages to the required size.

The setting for creating booklets in Word is "Book fold" under "Multiple
pages" on the Margins tab in Word 2002 or later, but this is primarily
designed for making smaller booklets: A5 booklets on A4 paper or 5.5" x 8.5"
booklets on Letter-sized paper.

You could create your pages on full Letter sheets and then "shrink" them in
printing by applying some scaling in the Print dialog (or through a printer
setting), but you will get better control by just setting appropriate
margins and creating the requisite page size within the Letter page area.
Add crop marks (see http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/CropMarks.htm) and
take the pages to a commercial printer.

http://word.mvps.org

"Richard Zuckerman" Richard wrote in
message ...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
alan marc alan marc is offline

Default booklet format for U.S. supreme court

i want to know how i can do to shrink in the U.S. supreme court-required booklet format a scanned document obtained from A4 paper (i.e. court order or judgement) in order to have appendix in the booklet format
can i do it by myself, is there a software used by printers and that i can work on it ?
thanks for your help

On Wednesday, February 10, 2010 8:19 AM Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:

It is easy enough to create pages of any given size by increasing the
margins on Letter paper, but you are still going to have to take your pages
[...]

Lucene.Net Indexing Searching Entry Level Tutorial
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...-tutorial.aspx