Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
BekkiM

Default Portrait and Landscape Headers and Footers

I have a document that has many section breaks so that I can include both
portrait and landscape portions in the same document. I have a standard
Header that includes basic document information (Title, Subject, Last
Modified, and Version) that's formatted (with tabs) to stretch across the top
of the page:

[Left Margin] TITLE [Right-Tab] VERSION [Right Margin]
[Left Margin] SUBJECT [Right-Tab] MODIFIED DATE [Right Margin]

I pull Title, Subject, and Modified in from Word Fields (and presumably they
auto-update--but that's another issue), but Version is straight text b/c I
only want to update it when I publish the document, not each time I modify it.

My question is: Is there anyway to set up my Header so the right-justified
text is always relative to the margin (whether I'm in the portrait or
landscape section)?

Right now, I've got two styles defined: Header and Header Landscape which
means that every time I add a new section, I have to go in, turn off "Same as
Previous" and update the style to the correct version. In addition, b/c
"Same as Previous" is turned off, when I update my Version number, I have to
manually update it in every section.

I hope this makes sense and that someone can help me.