Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
onebodaciousbabe03 onebodaciousbabe03 is offline

Default Merging with numbers

I can't figure out how to get the amount to be for example $12.45 and not
$12.02340923. Other questions like this say to look at
http://www.gmayor.com/formatting_word_fields.htm, but I'm not that high-tech
and I don't understand the explanation on the site. Any easy hints on how to
fix this? Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

If you insert a merge field in a document it will appear as

fieldname
Press ALT+F9
It will change to
{ Mergefield fieldname }
Add the switch \# "$,0.00" before the end bracket
Press F9 to update
Press ALT+F9 to restore the original view.
Alternatively press CTRL+F9 to create field brackets {} and type the rest.
This will be necessary for some of the more complex field layouts shown on
my web page.

onebodaciousbabe03 wrote:
I can't figure out how to get the amount to be for example $12.45 and
not $12.02340923. Other questions like this say to look at
http://www.gmayor.com/formatting_word_fields.htm, but I'm not that
high-tech and I don't understand the explanation on the site. Any
easy hints on how to fix this? Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
bfonoimoana bfonoimoana is offline

This has worked for me every other time I've tried, but today when I press
ALT F9 the only thing that happens is the file tab gets highlighted. Any
help with this?

onebodaciousbabe03 wrote:
I can't figure out how to get the amount to be for example $12.45 and
not $12.02340923. Other questions like this say to look at
http://www.gmayor.com/formatting_word_fields.htm, but I'm not that
high-tech and I don't understand the explanation on the site. Any
easy hints on how to fix this? Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

You are holding down the Alt key and then pressing F (and maybe also 9)
rather than the Function Key F9.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.