odjob

Default Capitalize months

Word 2003 will not capitalize the months of the year when I type. How can I
fix this to auto correct as I type?
Martin P

Tools, Autocorrect Options, select Capitalize names of days

"odjob" wrote:

Word 2003 will not capitalize the months of the year when I type. How can I
fix this to auto correct as I type?

Martin P

Sorry, I was in too much of a hurry. I think you have to enter the names of
the months in Autocorrect Options, but not all of them, since you may have
problems with "march" and especially "may".

"odjob" wrote:

Word 2003 will not capitalize the months of the year when I type. How can I
fix this to auto correct as I type?

oddjob

Hi Martin P

I agree. You confirmed what I thought in your second post. Other months will
cause problems too (like august!!).

Thanks.

"odjob" wrote:

Word 2003 will not capitalize the months of the year when I type. How can I
fix this to auto correct as I type?

Daiya Mitchell

You can use an abbreviation--e.g. "aug" to August in the AutoCorrect
entries. May is still undoable. I've had "mar" set to replace with March for
ages, though of course mar is a word but apparently I don't use it enough in
the present tense to interfere.

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/