Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mary at the Lake Mary at the Lake is offline

Default Word Document closes when I print on my HP printer

I have an HP 77310xi that is and has been my default printer. About 2 or 3
weeks ago after an automatic update, I noticed that when I printed a Word
(2002) document on the printer, the document AND WORD itself would close.

When I reopen Word, the document shows up as being recovered.

This does not happen if I print on my backup printer.

I have deleted the Normal.DOT file and reset all the printer settings
through the printer's system and on Word to no avail.

The printer works fine with Excel and PDF and internet printing.