Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Luke Luke is offline

Default How do I recover a previously saved copy of a document?

My wife was typing a research paper and saving her work periodically. When
she tries to open the file it is blank. I think she accidentally saved a
blank document over her work. Is there anyway to recover the previously
saved copy of the document if there is not a backup copy?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi Luke,

Without a backup, there is little likelihood of being able to recover the file. You could try using some file recovery software, but
even that is not guaranteed and the prospects of a succesful recovery rapdily diminsih if you make any file changes.

--
Cheers
macropod