Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Animalangel1 Animalangel1 is offline

Default Spell Check in Vista Word

I accidentally saved a word into my spell check that was spelled incorrectly.
How do I remove or correct it? Thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Shrini Shrini is offline

It would have been great if you would have mentioned the Word Version. Below
is the solution for both versions.

Word 2007

In word 2007, click the jewel and click the word options button in the bottom.
Once the Word Options opens, select proofing on the left.
You will immediately notice the Custom Dictionary Button.
It will then open the custom dictionaries window.
Click the Edit Word List.
Select the word and Delete.

All versions older than 2007

Click Tools Menu, and Click Options
Once the Options Opens up, select Spelling and Grammar tab.
You will notice the Dictionary information there and if you have kept to
defaults, you should see custom.dic.
There you will be able to delete or add.
Selected it and either correct or delete it.
Keep clicking OK until you reach the normal window.

Shrini