Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   Report Post  

Default Footnote Continuous in Chapter with Multiple Sections

Hi -
I am new to this group and hope to be able to use it to get some questions answered. Here's my first of I am sure many questions :-)

I have a 175+ page document that is broken up into multiple sections/chapters/appendices using section breaks and I have the footnotes set to restart at 1 in each section which is typcially not a problem; however, I have an appendix that has both portrait and landscaped pages in them hence section breaks within the appendix to create the landscaped page. How can I have the footnotes continue from the previous section within this appendix without it trying to either start the footnotes at 1 after every section break or continue the footnote numbering from the beginning of the document?

Here is what I need:
Appendix 9 - pages 9-1 through 9-10 are portrait and contain 1 footnote (numbered 1 - expected)
- pages 9-11 through 9-20 are landscaped (and separated with section breaks - no footnotes in this section)
- page 9-21 through 9-23 are back to portrait and contain 1 footnote (I need this numbered 2 but I can only get it to display as 1 or as 18... it is the 18th footnote from beginning of the document)
- page 9-24 is landscaped (and separated with section breaks - no footnotes in this section)
- pages 9-25 starts the final portrait section in this appendix and contains more footnotes which I need to start at 3 (but again can only get them to display starting at 1 or 19).

Any help would be appreciated. I have played around with the Note Options to say start at 2 and can't get anything to work.