maril

Default Replace soft returns (SHIFT+Enter) w/ Paragraph Mark (^p)

I've got a document that has several "soft return" which is created by
pressing SHIFT+Enter keys.

I'm trying to replace those with "hard returns" aka paragraph mark, but
cannot find anything in the "Special" menu in the Find & Replace dialog box.
Any insight or answers to this???

Greg

find ^l
replace with ^p

Daiya Mitchell

Greg gave the fix--but a PS: Word calls soft returns manual line breaks,
which is how they are listed in the Special menu in F&R. And hard returns
are paragraph marks.

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

maril

Thank you so much! Sometimes it's confusing when changing from one software
program to another, especially when I started out when we had the old manual
typewriters! Have a great day!

On 9/1/05 11:04 AM, "maril" wrote:

I've got a document that has several "soft return" which is created by
pressing SHIFT+Enter keys.

I'm trying to replace those with "hard returns" aka paragraph mark, but
cannot find anything in the "Special" menu in the Find & Replace dialog box.
Any insight or answers to this???

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

maril

Many thanks! Have a great day!

"Greg" wrote:

find ^l
replace with ^p

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rajula Rajula is offline

Hi,

When i search for ^|, i get this error message "^| is not a valid special
character for the Find What box".. Can you tell me why is that.

Regards
Rajula

On 9/1/05 11:04 AM, "maril" wrote:

I've got a document that has several "soft return" which is created by
pressing SHIFT+Enter keys.

I'm trying to replace those with "hard returns" aka paragraph mark, but
cannot find anything in the "Special" menu in the Find & Replace dialog box.
Any insight or answers to this???

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

In the find & replace dialog box, use ^l (that is, ^ followed by lowercase
L) for manual line break.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

On 9/1/05 11:04 AM, "maril" wrote:

I've got a document that has several "soft return" which is created
by
pressing SHIFT+Enter keys.

I'm trying to replace those with "hard returns" aka paragraph mark,
but
cannot find anything in the "Special" menu in the Find & Replace
dialog box.
Any insight or answers to this???

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/
What's an MVP? A volunteer! Read the FAQ:
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

You are welcome, and thank you for the feedback.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP