Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Southern gal living up north[_2_] Southern gal living up north[_2_] is offline

Default Margins and tabs in Word not holding

I'm working on a Word doc (200 pages). Not every time, but quite often when
it's reopened, the type is scattered all over the page. The margins and
tabbed info are not where they were when the doc was saved and closed and
everything has to be adjusted once more. Any idea how to fix this problem?
Using Office 2003, Student version - on XP. Incidentally, this was
originally a PowerPoint slide document from another source which I saved in
my PowerPoint and then copied into Word. I've had others tell me they have
this same problem with Word documents, which makes me believe it is a Word
problem rather than a PowerPoint problem.
--
Southern gal living up north
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

I'm working on a Word doc (200 pages). Not every time, but quite often when
it's reopened, the type is scattered all over the page. The margins and
tabbed info are not where they were when the doc was saved and closed and
everything has to be adjusted once more. Any idea how to fix this problem?
Using Office 2003, Student version - on XP. Incidentally, this was
originally a PowerPoint slide document from another source which I saved in
my PowerPoint and then copied into Word. I've had others tell me they have
this same problem with Word documents, which makes me believe it is a Word
problem rather than a PowerPoint problem.

Mmmm, my best guess would be that the document may be set to automatically
update styles. (Although this shouldn't affect margin settings, but you may be
using "margin" for something different than I do.) Check he

Tools/template and Add-ins. Is the "Automatically update styles on open"
setting activated? If it is, remove the check in the checkbox, make your
changes, then save the document.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org