Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jamess Jamess is offline

Default Word 2003 - Incorporate several documents to form one new document

I am trying to incorporate approximately 25 Word documents to form one new
document. Each document has its' own header and footer and also tables,
charts etc. When I tried to set it up as Master and sub-documents I find that
much of the formatting is corrupted and the header and footer extend to three
pages.
Has anybody experience of combining documents in this manner - if so please
help!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

You can use Insert | File or copy and paste. In order to preserve the
section formatting (including headers and footers, see
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting...thSections.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Jamess" wrote in message
I am trying to incorporate approximately 25 Word documents to form one new
document. Each document has its' own header and footer and also tables,
charts etc. When I tried to set it up as Master and sub-documents I find
that
much of the formatting is corrupted and the header and footer extend to
three
pages.
Has anybody experience of combining documents in this manner - if so
please
help!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You *may* find the boiler.dot add-in from my web site will work, if you use
the option to insert each document on a new page.
http://www.gmayor.com/downloads.htm