Thomas1024

Default Import Excel data into word as text

I am trying to make form sentences in Word using words from an Excel
spreadsheet. How do I do this, since all the help I see involves putting a
table into the file...I am new at this, so please be thorough. I can also see
tutorials, if you know of any that willwalk me through tis step-by-step.

Daiya Mitchell

You should be able to set up a mail merge maybe.

E.g.,
Her name is name
Her name is name
Her name is name

Where you have a list of names in Excel and it puts a different one in each
sentence. If it is something like that, mail merge will work. See he

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMerge/...AMailMerge.htm

If that doesn't help, you might want to explain what you need by form
sentences.

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

On reflection, it does sound as if this is what Thomas is trying to do. Most
likely a "catalog" or "directory" merge is required. The article at
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMerge/...AMailMerge.htm is very helpful for
Word versions up to Word 2000; the Mail Merge Wizard in Word 2002 and 2003
is a very different interface (sometimes confusing) but accomplishes the
same thing.

.. .

"Jezebel" wrote:

Select and copy the Excel data you want. Switch to Word. Go to Edit

Paste
Special and select one of the text options.

"Thomas1024" wrote in message
I am trying to make form sentences in Word using words from an Excel
spreadsheet. How do I do this, since all the help I see involves

putting a
table into the file...I am new at this, so please be thorough. I can

also
see
tutorials, if you know of any that willwalk me through tis

step-by-step.

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/
What's an MVP? A volunteer! Read the FAQ:

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/