Avocat

Default Hyphenation

I have documents that are automatically hyphenated by Word. However, if I
insert a page break after a hyphenated line, the hyphen disappears and has to
be reinserted manually. In the first versions of Word, that did not happen.
How do I solve the frustrating problem?

Beth Melton

Could you tell us which version of Word you are using?

btw, I don't encounter this issue in Word 2003 SP1.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"Avocat" wrote in message
I have documents that are automatically hyphenated by Word. However,
if I
insert a page break after a hyphenated line, the hyphen disappears
and has to
be reinserted manually. In the first versions of Word, that did not
happen.
How do I solve the frustrating problem?

Klaus Linke

Hi Advocat,

It sounded to me as if you insert the page break in the middle of the =
word?
That would remove the hyphen, in all versions as far as I know.

Maybe you might reconsider why you need to insert manual page breaks at =
all? Usually, they aren't necessary... and a big maintenance hassle when =
you edit or reformat the text.

Greetings,
Klaus=20

"Beth Melton" wrote:
Could you tell us which version of Word you are using?
=20
btw, I don't encounter this issue in Word 2003 SP1.
=20
--=20
Please post all follow-up questions to the newsgroup. Requests for=20
=20
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP
=20
Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/
=20
=20
"Avocat" wrote in message=20
I have documents that are automatically hyphenated by Word. However,=20
if I
insert a page break after a hyphenated line, the hyphen disappears=20
and has to
be reinserted manually. In the first versions of Word, that did not=20