Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
cal

Default linked table parameter query

Hi All (Doug??....) ;^)

background: I'm using- Word 2002 SP3 and Access 2002 SP3

Historically, I've put together a parameter query in Access to be used as a
data source for various mailmerge documents.
I swear, EVERY version change of either Access OR Word has broken my queries
and I've had to fix them.
Until now, I've been able to fix them.....this time I can't figure it out.

The Access query is of/on a set of linked tables which are (ancient...)
Foxpro .dbf's. I can "see"/open the tables just fine in Access. I can
construct and run the query just fine; in Access. What I can't do is figure
out how to make this query my data source for the mailmerge document(s).
Nothing I've tried in the past works. I've tried ODBC, DDE, and most of the
rest of the alphabet.....

Any help or pointers in the right direction will be much appreciated!!!

Blessings,

Cal Peters
Grand Rapids, MI
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
JohnB

I'm no expert but for what it's worth...

My experience of using parameter queries to supply a Mailmerge is that the
window asking for the paramater opens behind the Word window - you have to
minimise word to be able to input the parameter. Sorry if this is a bit
obvious but you don't actually say what is 'not' happening. Perhaps if you
expand a little. E.g. if you link using DDE, can you 'see' the query in the
list? If not, have you set 'Confirm Conversion at Open' in
Word/Tools//Options/General?

Good luck. JohnB

"cal" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
cal

JohnB,
I totally spaced out the 'Confirm Conversion at Open'. That did it.
Thanks!!!
Cal

"cal" wrote:

[...]

mailmerge from Access parameter query only merges odd records helios Mailmerge 5 December 30th 05 11:24 AM
Linked table header elillis Tables 1 July 18th 05 02:25 PM
Getting a Parameter to work in Microsoft Query JohnB Mailmerge 1 May 27th 05 07:01 PM
Table headers/footers and layout Keith Page Layout 1 April 8th 05 07:37 PM