Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
mogens

Default Cannot use queries from MS-Access

When I try to "Select a different list" in the Mail merge wizard, and
then locate the MS-Access database I would like to use, I only see the
TABLES in this database, not the QUERIES. Could someone please tell how
to be able to use Queries as basis for a mail merge in MS-Word?
(I'm using Access 2002 and Word 2002)

Mogens
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

From the Tools menu in Word, select Options and then go to the General tab
and check the box for "Confirm conversions at open" Then, when you attach
the data source to the mail merge main document, you will be presented with
a dialog box that asks for the way in which the connection should be made.
Use the DDE option.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"mogens" wrote in message
When I try to "Select a different list" in the Mail merge wizard, and then
locate the MS-Access database I would like to use, I only see the TABLES
in this database, not the QUERIES. Could someone please tell how to be
able to use Queries as basis for a mail merge in MS-Word?
(I'm using Access 2002 and Word 2002)

Mogens

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
mogens

Doug Robbins - Word MVP wrote:
From the Tools menu in Word, select Options and then go to the General tab
and check the box for "Confirm conversions at open" Then, when you attach
the data source to the mail merge main document, you will be presented with
a dialog box that asks for the way in which the connection should be made.
Use the DDE option.

Thanks a million! This really was one of those that I would never have
found out myself.