Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MrsMac MrsMac is offline

Default Word 2007 Autotext and formatted text

I type the underlined text, select the text, hit Alt-F3, it's saved in
Building Blocks, I name it and save it. When I go back to enter the text,
either in the same document or in a new document days later, the text is NOT
underlined. I have repeated the entry over and over. It never holds the
underline. Does 2007 not hold formatting in autotext?

Thanks for your help.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

How did you apply the underline formatting? Direct formatting (for example,
applied by pressing Ctrl+U) should definitely be saved to the
AutoText/Building Block entry.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"MrsMac" wrote in message
I type the underlined text, select the text, hit Alt-F3, it's saved in
Building Blocks, I name it and save it. When I go back to enter the text,
either in the same document or in a new document days later, the text is
NOT
underlined. I have repeated the entry over and over. It never holds the
underline. Does 2007 not hold formatting in autotext?

Thanks for your help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MrsMac MrsMac is offline

Sorry for the delay in responding. For some reason, I am not being notified
of replies.

I have used Ctrl+U both before and after typing the text. Neither holds.

"MrsMac" wrote in message
I type the underlined text, select the text, hit Alt-F3, it's saved in
Building Blocks, I name it and save it. When I go back to enter the text,
either in the same document or in a new document days later, the text is
NOT
underlined. I have repeated the entry over and over. It never holds the
underline. Does 2007 not hold formatting in autotext?

Thanks for your help.

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

This is strange. I don't have an explanation for it. :-(

Note that the notification in the Microsoft web interface is broken, and it
has been for quite some time now.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP