Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Paul MR Paul MR is offline

Default Huge document mystery

Word 2000. I have a document that is all text as far as I know -- no
fancy formatting or pictures for sure. It is almost four single-spaced
pages, but its size is 9420KB! I scanned the document for viruses;
nothing. I selected the entire text and pasted it into a blank
document, but the new document is also 9416KB. What can I do to locate
and eliminate whatever is making this document so big? Possible clue:
most of the document was typed but on a couple of paragraphs I was
testing the speech recognition.
Paul in San Francisco